Saturday, December 19, 2009 | By: Barely Wai

Unforgetable Memories...

Hi Hi.. I am back...

Back from where??
Pulau Pangkor a.k.a class trip lor..
Kinda fun but sometimes very boring..
Of course.. FUN > boring.. Haha..

1st day

Happy to see my classmate to laugh and play again after a harsh month of exams..
Waited at ESSO, opposite of Klang Parade..
Luckily I am not the last to arrive.. Haha..
The bus arrive late so we depart at about 8.00am..
Quite a beautiful bus though..
In the 3 hour journey.. I slept for about 30mins because I just sleep for about 4 hours that particular morning..
What about the another 2 hours??
U guess it..
Play, talk, distribute sweets and junk food and eat.. Haha..
Arrive at the pier, grab our luggage and hop into the jet ferry..
On the way to the ferry, I saw a war ship..
Wow.. The 1st real ship of my life in front of my eyes..
Get so excited and keep telling others.. Like a mad guy.. Haha..
Inside the ferry, our class is the most noisy, active and photoholic.. Haha..
Most the passenger inside are looking us but we ignore them and have fun until the ferry dock..
After getting out of the ferry, some of my friends and me saw a funny sign..
The picture is a motorbike with a cross which means no motorbike in the area..
But everyone park their motor there.. Wahaha..
I think of taking a photo and send it to the Star Newspaper.. Haha..
I walk and walk and walk, searching for a bus..
But I can only see much pink colour van..
Later I find out that the island does not have any bus as the road are too narrow..
Our 1st destination, to our resort..
Namely Pangkor Puteri Resort..
The weather was hot, waiting at lobby, everyone is sweating, girls finding shade.. Haha..
After we get our room keys, immediately we get to the fourth floor..
The view at my room is wonderful..
We went for island hopping that sunny day..
It was fun although the weather was extremely hot.. I was like in the sauna when we are travelling by an unair-conditioned van..

2nd day
Wake up.. Prepare for the day..
Went to Carey Island just for a look and snorkelling at another island nearby by a speed boat..
Though its fun but the sea water is extremely salty..
Then we went to the beach for a swim.. Ate chicken rice and feed some wild dogs at the beach..
To cut short, I'll just say we play and play and play..
Then we met some people from other school.. Actually I can't recall the school.. Hehe..
At about 2pm, every1 was very dehydrated because of the salty sea water..
We have scally skin because as we know the water is hypertonic to our cell so water will diffuse out..
Every1 become so exhausted at the time that during our journey back to the beach in front of our hotel by the same speed boat.. It was silence at all times..
It's kinda shocking.. Haha..

3rd day
It's a free day..
So we do our own stuff.. Play cards, watch movie..
Still remember that night I was drunk..
They say I just drink 2 cups of.. I can't recall how many % alcohol.. fluids..
But I can remember very clearly that I drink much much more than 2 cups which is impossible to be drunk with just 2 cups.. Haha..
Still remember 1 of my friends get drunk faster than me..
I went to sleep after I find out that I am drunk..
After 3 hours, I wake up again.. I was 5am..
I am shock that many of my friends are still playing and talking.. Haha..

4th day
Last day of the trip..
Prepare to depart back home..
Check out from the resort at 12pm..
Went to McDonalds for lunch..
Reach ESSO at about 7pm and sent some friends back home on the way back to ESSO..
Went to Pui Ying primary school by Kah King's dad car with Aaric and Zhi Chuan..
Still remember that Zhi Chuan invite me to have dinner in his house and I agree after getting permission from my mother but when we are about to reach Zhi Chuan house.. My mother called and asked me not to eat in Zhi Chuan house..
The dinner was cooked and its awful to reject him but I did..
Sorry dude..
Waited alone at the bus stop in front of Pui Ying for quite a long time..
Kind of scary.. Of course its not of the dark..
I am actually scare of snatch thief since the place is kind of dangerous..
Luckily nothing happend to me.. Haha..

Ok.. That's it about the 4 day trip..
Used many days to complete this post since I am so busy during the holidays..

Next is INTI-UC Youth Empowerment Camp in 22 and 23 of December 2009..

Remembering that I wake up at 5.30am to prepare because I am that I will be late..
This is a wonderful camp.. Learn many things from the camp from friends, speaking, know better about which engineering that I am going to pursue and many many many more..
The first day I reach INTI.. Everyone is stranger to me but our relation get so close and the gap between us(the participant, facilitators, lecturer and many more) become narrower..
Its so different from secondary school camp because in many camps that I take part in..
The participants does not talk much but in this Empowerment Camp we are required to talk in english..
Speaking in english is not a problem for me but I know I did improve after participating in the camp since I think I am kind of quiet at times.. Haha..
In all, we just have to talk all the time..
Thanks to the camp, I get to know myself better..
The alumni and lecturer explain to us about a few popular courses..
And many of the alumni are success now..
One of the alumni, which is an engineer who is working in Melbourne, Australia said he can control the temperature of a building in Australia using his handphone in Malaysia..
Although thats not a new thing to me but that still impress me a lot..
I also learn foreign language from a Butanese.. Her name is Yeshey.. Fun to talk to her.. Haha..
The word is Ku Zu Zam Po which means Hi..
Although its just a word but that still increases my knowledge.. Haha..
In the first night at the campus, I went for a night walk with some new friends from different state around Malaysia around the campus.. We are not allow to get out of the campus so we just have to find a place to sit down and drink and talk..
We are actually finding a mamak inside the campus but when we get to the stall, it was closed..
zzz... But then there is some INTI students trying to finish their home made 'Tang Yuan'.. The day is also a special day for chinese as it is 'Dong Zhi' which means the end of winter..
One of my new friend try to help them finish the 'Tang Yuan' and ate 17 of it..
By the time, it is midnight already and the girls say good night to us and went back to their respective hostel.. After a while.. The boys also went back to their repsective hostel..
It was fun though.. We talk and laugh together.. It's nice.. Haha..
The first day also we played a game that takes us around the campus..
There is 20 question and we are formed groups to solve the question..
We have to find the answer around the campus..
At the same time the game also have a purpose of giving us a campus tour..
The second day, we get to know about scholarship offered by INTI-UC..
Then we are required to choose our interested field because there will be a short workshop on the field.. Everyone can only choose one and I choose engineering..
It is there that I comfirmed which engineering course that I will pursue in..
Through a lecturer of INTI, he explain to me the steps to achive my dreams although I know he didn't recommend me to pursue in the field as the demand is extremely low in Malaysia..

Sorry that I cannot write all the activities in the 2 day camp because it will take ages for me to complete.. It is really unforgetable.. Anyway we still really keep in touch although we just met for 2 days.. Obtain the most important thing in the world which is FRIENDSHIP through the camp..

Next is Christmas eve..
Hmm, my brother friends came and over night in my house..
We have BBQ that night.. It is fun because I have not BBQ for a very very long time..
I was late for the BBQ because I have to work for my dad in the factory which I hated the most because that does not bring me closer to my dreams..
That night we play and talk until about 4am which means that day I am actually awake for about 22-23 hours.. Wow.. Luckily I dun have panda eye.. Haha..
Did a simple countdown to christmas that night..
My brother slept at about 0000... Very early right? Haha..
So I am actually the one who play cards with them till about 4am..
Anyway I get to know new friends.. Haha..
I know my elder brother friends but he does not know friends.. Isn't weird?!
It should be vice versa right??

It is christmas now.. Merry Christmas.. My classmate khai yin invited me to her house for a party.. Her brother is also my brother friend.. So actually he is my friend and my senior in diabolo.. He taught me a lot in diabolo and he actually push me up to the performance team of my school after choosing from many others.. Until now, I still do not know why he select me.. Haha.. But I feel guilty because after joining the performance team I become a totally inactive member of the club, we called these people 'ahli mati' in our school.. The reason for that is because I get much much much more active in my favourite Kadet Bomba, my second family.. Haha...
Let's put this a side and talk about the Christmas Celebration..
A lot of people are invited including my friends Mun Wah, Zi Wang, Yuan Shen and of course, me.. Haha..
This is the first time I celebrate christmas with a christian family.. She actually invited her church friends and family to the party too..
First we have our dinner.. Actually I become very talkative.. I just talk non-stop..
Maybe is because of the INTI camp.. Haha..
After that, we sang a lot of christmas songs.. Many of it I never listen before..
The carol was nice.. Everyone sing together but I just stand there as I do not know the melodies.. Anyway its really fun.. They are really friendly, although we just met for the first time, but they didn't treat me as a stranger.. It's really nice..
Then we played games.. First, we are given a box.. We have to pass the box to the people beside us until the music stops.. The person who is holding the box have a chance choose a piece of paper with regulation written on it.. The person have to finish the task to obtain the present.. In some cases, the person have to complete the task but they get nothing.. In my case, I am required to give my present to a little boy, so I gave it to a baby boy.. He is really cute.. I took a photo with the boy.. Waiting for my friend to upload the picture on facebook.. U may see the photo in my facebook profile soon.. The next game is fun.. We formed teams and are required to decorate 1 of the team member into a santa claus.. I am so shock that I just suddenly become the team leader.. =.= For my team, we have decided to make a 'modern' santa claus which is a mummy.. Lol.. We are given tissue paper, scissor,celophane tape and newspaper.. After the game, khai yin invited the 4 of us to her room which is my bedroom for the night.. We talk together and exchange present.. After everyone went back, left me and khai yin.. We talk until about 12.30am and went downstairs to eat fruits and sleep..

26 December is my special day.. In the morning, I went for breakfast with khai yin's parents after sending her to work.. During the breakfast time, I explain to khai yin's mother about my planning in future study and explain to her about college and university life, basic requirement and must have.. Inside the car when khai yin's father fetch me to botanic club to meet simon and play badminton with him, I talk about my experience in the INTI camp I mention above.. Actually khai yin did talk about me to her mother.. I know this through her mother when she ask me whether I am very active in co-curricular activities and ask how many club and society i joined because she said khai yin told her so... I think I changed khai yin's mother mind of planning khai yin's future studies.. After reaching botanic club, I played badminton with simon till about 12.30pm.. Then we met simon's dad and fetch his sister at home for lunch.. At first we planned to go UTAR, but then simon's dad is busy so planning is cancel.. I stayed in simon house until we depart to Witchery Ider Cafe.. We are the first to bekas to arrive.. Here is the special i mean start.. This is a special event, an unforgetable, will be by my side forever.. Its a farewell party for me and my fellow friends.. It has been 4 years since I joined this cadet, although the cadet is just 2 years old when I join but never look down on something new.. I like new thing, that why many club i join are new... To name a few.. diabolo club, same age as my cadet.. robotics club, 1 of the first committee member of the club.. This cadet changed my life perhaps forever, the skill I learned, the camps I joined, the friends I know, the memories I cherish, the happiness, the sadness, and you name it.. Ok.. I admit that last year's farewell party was horrible and I am the one who lead them.. It is your choice whether or not to scold me or hate me for not doing my job well.. I will accept everything because this is the chance for me to improve myself.. Actually there is also something to do with my family.. Let's put this a side and talk about the happy memories.. Hahaha.. After enjoying our dinner.. Anyway, I have to admit that our cadet's 'mother' cooks is better than the restaurant.. Haha.. Its time for my juniors to perform.. Haha.. First, they sing You Raise Me Up by Josh Gordan.. I did sing together with them.. Haha.. This song is extremely memorable for me because this is also the theme song for INTI-UC Empowerment Camp.. Next, they perform a formal dance.. WoW.. The girls are sexy and the guys are smart.. Haha.. Then Alan Ng played his violin.. He played 2 songs.. I don't know the name of the songs actually.. Hehe.. Next, everyone are invited to watch a slide show composed by Li Hui.. How should I describe it?? Great? Wonderful? Memorable? Touch? Anyway I copied the flash.. Haha.. The each bekas are required to express their feeling on cadet or anything.. Still remember that when I was sitting on my chair, I have lots to talk while waiting for my turn but once I hold the mic, my brain just become frozen and blank.. I so nervous at the time.. Don't know why I am so nervous.. Anyway I did continue my speech in our cadet's group in facebook.. Receive messages from juniors and souvenir.. Seriously I like it very much.. Those item will accompany me until they finish decay.. Remember.. OBSERVATION..

At first this post is about my class trip only but I am so busy participating in various camp and party until I don't have time to update my blog until now.. So I decided to write everything in this post..

To summaries the date and activities,
15 - 18 Dec 2009 ~ Class Trip at Pulau Pangkor
19 - 21 Dec 2009 ~ Cannot recall
22 - 23 Dec 2009 ~ INTI-UC Youth Empowerment Camp
24 Dec 2009 ~ BBQ with elder brother friends at home
25 Dec 2009 ~ Christmas Party at khai yin's house
26 Dec 2009 ~ Farewell Party of Cadet Bomba in Witchery Ider Cafe

Future event,
28 Dec 2009 ~ Discuss NPC question with Zi Wang and Simon in HICT
29 Dec 2009 ~ Not booked (Maybe preparation for NS)
30 Dec 2009 ~ Maybe go to KL with INTI-UC camp friends as we discuss during the night
walk
31 Dec 2009 - 1 Jan 2010 ~ Countdown at sunway with 5S6
2 Jan 2010 ~ Final preparation for NS
3 Jan - March 2010 ~ NS

Thank you..

Jiun Wai..

0 comments:

Post a Comment