Saturday, August 14, 2010 | By: Barely Wai

Perseids Meteor Shower 2010

Perseids Meteor Shower 2010
Peak : 12-13 August
(Actually some say 12 some say 13.. Lol..)

First of all, this event is organize by Waterfall Survivors Malaysia..
Went to Bangan Lalang, Sepang by car pooling Iven's car..
I slept in the car for almost the whole journey from TARC to Seri Kembangan..
It took us freaking 2 hours to get to Seri Kembangan whereby normally without traffic jam would take only about 30mins..
After stopping at Seri Kembangan to wait for Alex, we went to Sg.Pelek for dinner..
OMG.. My NS hometown.. Lol..
Never thought that I will go back there AGAIN..
So on the way there, we pass by Simpson's home in Kajang..
And Malaysia's Nuclear Research Centre..
And Malaysia's Atom Research Centre..
Finally I found 'you'.. LOL..
Then I started to think of my secondary school friend..
Namely Yuan Shen.. One of the smarty in my class..
He always say "After I learn nuclear, I will bomb ur house, bomb your this and that" in a funny way..
After dinner at the restaurant I use to eat when my parents fetch me back to NS camp..
We continue our journey to Bangan Lalang Beach..
Of course at night with all the lightings would be much more wonderful..
The night version of edited night scene.. Try to imagine the real thing..
OMFG.. Golden Palm Tree Resort is so damn beautiful...
So by the time we reach there, I started to BBQ again..
By right we have to pay RM25 for the BBQ but the bought too much food so I kind of help them 'clean up'.. LOL..
So my gang started to do their own stuff while I'm busying eating.. 
Meet Waterfall Survivors member there and a NSTP photographer.. 
Ask him whether can teach me tips and he agreed but eventually he's too busy BBQ-ing and after that taking pictures of our doings.. By the way, his name is Hilmi..
Watch out New Straits Time for my face.. Maybe got le.. Who knows?? LOL..
Also meet this guy from UM.. Master degree holder in (guess yourself field bcoz I oso dunno.. he just keep quiet)..
He's representative from Malaysia Astronomer Club.. Namely William Chin..
He taught us a lot that night and I used his telescope
I SAW JUPITER AND IT'S 3 OUT OF 70+ and still counting MOONS..
OMG.. 1ST TIME IN MY LIFE.. <3<3<3<3<3<3
William, Simpson and me started to talk about stars, planets and all those weird but true theories
and others in gang become so blur..
The gang of mine with William..

When we are talking about stars, planets and etc.

William and his telescope.

Giving his speech..

 So the peak time was 0000hr-0200hr GMT+0800..
So the gang of mine went to the playground nearby and started to find their own spot and start searching..
At 1st we are quite worried as we cant see anything but shining stars all lighting the dark sky..
Suddenly Ricky,Simpson and I went "I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT" while the others went "WHERE WHERE WHERE??"
Screaming around in joy and immediately went back lying down on the stone bench so that we wont miss any of it..
It will appear just for a fraction of a second as it is dust from 109P/Swift Tuttle Comet as it fly pass Earth's orbit..
This meteor shower is form when the Earth orbit into the dust and the dust burns out in the atmosphere..
After count 4, my eyesight went blur and I can't see any of the meteor while the "I SAW IT" phrase is still going on..
For the whole 3 hour+ I lie there, I only get 5 out of 40++ according to Simpson.. >.<
Some of my friends manage to 12++..
Haih.. Kind of disappointed..
Given up, I went experimenting with Iven's DSLR..
Tired, disappointed and starving we went to KLIA's McD for breakfast..
Stupid KLIA's McD service.. FUCK OFF for making me continue to starve the whole morning..
I'm so sleepy and hungry in college that morning..

THX SIMPSON FOR INVTING ME!!


how good if you're there together in the darkness of the playground beside the sea on the stone bench waiting for the appearance of a meteor.. how good if i can spit you that night..

0 comments:

Post a Comment